Faculty, including adjuncts, and full-time staff should have access to Media School-controlled spaces in Franklin Hall and RTV through 25LivePro. If you have questions about your access, contact Liz Sullivan.
It is important to note that not all classrooms in Franklin Hall are controlled by us. Any registrar-controlled classrooms (114, 210, 215, and 310) can be booked using these instructions on the Intranet.
If you are requesting a room within 48 hours of needing to use it, you will not be able to request it in 25Live. If you find yourself needing a room with more urgency, you should reach out to email@example.com to schedule something last minute. If you do not receive a timely response, you can reach out to Liz or Jozey to request as a last resort. However, late notice requests are not guaranteed, and the best way to ensure your reservation is made and approved is to give more than 48 hours notice.
The Commons (room 103) and the Studios in Franklin Hall and RTV have a more detailed approval process than conference rooms or classrooms. These requests require additional notice and information. If you have specific questions about any of these Media School spaces, you can peruse the Facilities section of the website before requesting.
Requests to use certain spaces in Franklin Hall after regular business hours may not be permitted.
- The first step is locating the 25Live application in One.IU. Go One.IU, and type “25Live” into the search bar at the top of the page, and the tile should appear. Please note you will need to sign in with Duo to access this program.
- Once you have clicked on the tile and signed in, choose “Event Form” located in the red banner at the top of the page.
- On the event form, you will want to provide as much detail as possible so the approvers can properly assess your event. Your event name should accurately reflect your event ex. “FAB Meeting” or “Interviews”. Once you have named your event, the event type should be filled out automatically as “BL Media School Event”. Under “School or Organization” you should click the dropdown and type in “MSCH” to populate our organization. MSCH should be the default org you use unless you have been instructed otherwise by an approver.
- The “Expected Attendance” box will determine what available rooms populate for you to request. Including the maximum number of attendees is important to ensure the room you choose is comfortable for your event.
- In the “Event Description” box, try to provide as many details as you can for your event. This is where you should include any technical needs or other details that approvers may want to know so the Media School can properly staff your event if needed.
- You can input the date, time, and occurrences in the next few boxes. The date and time information should be as accurate as possible. The “Additional Time” section should include set up and tear down of at least 15 minutes if needed. Beneath the “Additional Time” section, you will be able to choose any occurrences. If you are reserving a room for meetings that occur each month during the semester, you will want to either use the Repeating Pattern button or choose those dates on the calendar below.
- Now it is time to choose your location! If you have a specific room in mind, you can use the Search dropdown function to see if the room is available. Otherwise, you can search “BLFF” (or “BLTV” for RTV) and see what rooms are available during the time you choose. Please note that if a room does not appear on the list, it is booked and you will not be able to use it during the requested time. It is also important to keep in mind that there are some spaces in Franklin Hall, such as WIUX and Presidents Hall, that cannot be reserved via 25Live under any circumstances as they are not ours to schedule.
- After you have selected your room, you are ready to hit “Save”. Your request will be routed to an approver, and you should immediately receive confirmation that your request has been made via email. Within a day or two, you will receive your subsequent approval or denial. Please note that requests for the Studio and Commons may take longer, and you may receive a follow-up from an approver asking for additional information.
- Once your event is approved, you can rest easy knowing it is on the calendar and will be ready for you at the time of your event. If you have questions or need to edit or cancel your event, just simply reach out to the approver who approved your event to make any changes.